Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Facts....love them!

As you know I am fascinated by facts especially the ones printed on the strips off sanitary products. Actually whoever thought of that I believe is a genius and should be awarded with some sort of nobel prize. Anyway, just want to share some of my favourite facts which by the way, I don't believe are useless pieces of information. One never knows when she might be a contestant on 'who wants to be a millionaire' or 'sale of the century.' Here goes:

1. A person uses approx. 57 sheets of toilet paper each day (I believe that, we are always running out, does not help that I use it to wipe the vanity)
2. An office desk has 400 times more bacteria than a toilet (thankfully I don't work in an office)
3. The first couple to be shown in bed on television were Fred and Wilma Flinstone (how cute)
4. On average, women say 7000 words per day, men manage 2000 (no comment).

The following two are my favourite:

5. Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US treasury!!!
6. 50% of the population has never received or made a telephone call. This fact had me speechless for quite a while, then I had to make a telephone call to tell somebody about it. Very hard to believe, we can't leave the house without the good old mobile phone.

Hope you enjoyed the above facts.

On another note, I know I am a little crazy when it comes to my beloved Pies however I believe I am not biased. I give credit when it is due and acknowledge other sides. For instance, I think Geelong are fabulous at the moment and feel that they deserve to play in the grand final. I write all this because today I had a little altercation with somebody who is quite biased about their own side and keeps referring to their injury list. I know, I know, I am boring non footy supporters so better change the subject but lets just say I was quite annoyed.

Not sure what else I can write about. I know, I bought another handbag today. Very excited, it is black and quite BIG, to fit all my bits and pieces. Of course, will have to hide it from hubby, he is not happy about my collection of handbags. Suffice to say, I am quite proud of my collection and will take it into consideration when I design my walk in wardrobe in my new house. You should see the look on hubby's face when I discuss my plans with him. Speaking of hubby, he is such a closet Collingwood supporter (Mr and Mrs Maniac agree with this), who else would want to attend the Collingwood best and fairest night but a true supporter. Mmmmmm.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh, cant wait to see the new handbag - aren't you owed one from your birthday anyway?! I would never get Rob to go to a best and fairest - come to think of it, I wouldn't go either, so George must really love you!!

Anonymous said...

L agree with samantha you were owed a handbag for your birthday but wasn't it meant to be a $100 one.lt wasn't the Mary Poppins one l saw you carrying around with you l mean dragging around as its that big.No wouldn't say you are one eyed supporter but you do get a bit emotional about some comments from non Collingwood supporters,especially when you have to ring a Collingwood maniac to validate your opinions.If the closet Collingwood supporter can get us good seats at the Copeland Trophey he'll have my support,who,s he going to barrack for on Friday night when he comes to the footy.Richmond better not win if he comes as l don't think l could put up with you,Mr Maniac and my daughters partner and my daughter for that matter,l'll need a valium to cope with you all

Theo said...

I can tell you why someone would go to Collingwood Best and Fairest....the Alcohol. Enough said. Carn the Blues!!!! (we have a 5 year plan)