Tuesday, July 31, 2007

the last few days

I have some sad news today. I found out yesterday that a very kind beautiful older friend I used to work with died of cancer. She had been diagnosed four times with breast cancer and had been fighting this awful disease for years. She was given a year to live about eighteen months ago. I feel very very sad as I had not spoken to her for a while. The last time I spoke to her she was well but feeling tired from the chemo. I thought about her nearly every day and kept wanting to give her a call but wasn't sure if she would be up to it so kept postponing and now it is too late to call. Why is that always the case? I have close friends who I only see once every few months. When we get together we always vow to ring/speak to each other more regularly but it never eventuates. And what is with cancer? So many people are being diagnosed with it now. Modern life / technology must not be having a very good effect on our health.
Just a reminder to all women, weekly self breast examinations are a must. And for any men who are reading this- don't forget the prostate check, yes I know, unpleasant but absolutely necessary!!

Ok should change the mood! Had a very yummy dinner on Friday night. I ate the best most delicious risotto ever at Cecconi's (I think that is how you spell it) which is in Flinders Lane, worth a try. The following day I unfortunately went to most embarassing humiliating football game ever. Actually the second worst after the 2003 Grand Final! Suffice to say I left at half time as could not be bothered witnessing the slaughter in the absolute freezing cold. That match sure shut up the collingwood supporters. They were speechless for a change!!! Anyway the following day my hubby after working night duty dragged himself out of bed to say " you guys got slaughtered, how embarassing" and then went back to bed. What the ......... !!!!! I wish he would not open his mouth sometimes (actually maybe more than sometimes).

Decided to take the kids out for lunch after that spastic comment. My son ordered poached eggs with toast and chips. Is that bad parenting for allowing that? That night both my son and daughter told their father that they wanted a new baby!!! Of course my son wants a brother whilst my daughter has requested a baby sister. Then (drum roll please) my son asked "but how does the baby get into your tummy." I handballed that to hubby but he became speechless. So I said and might I add that I was very impressed with my answer "when two people love each other Jesus puts a baby in mummy's tummy." The little rascal is quite obsessed with Jesus so he accepted my explanation. But he did ask us both if we loved each other, very cute. Later on that night he told me that I was not allowed to yell at daddy anymore and daddy was not allowed to yell at me! As i.........f we ever yell at each other. Must leave it at that as have to watch All Saints.
P.S Hubby is having a massage in the lounge room. What about me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mary that is so sad about your friend - it reminds you that keeping in touch is important - I must get better at it.

Love that E and N want a baby - how do you explain all that stuff to a 5 year old? and what about IVF, I mean how do you explain that?! anyway, I don't what E is talking about, I've never heard you yell :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously you and Mr Maniac need to get a life,What are you both going to do in the summer time!!!take all your footy frustrations out on us poor spouses.You need to direct all that energy into a worthwhile project.l can think of a few for Mr Maniac.And how is the closet supporter?Has he picked out his outfit for the Collingwood Copeland Trophey yet?

Anonymous said...

A win from Collingwood and Little
Magpie hasn't been on her Blog to tell us all about it,she must be busy with the children and more birthday parties.At least she will have a smile on her face for the rest of the week even though it was a tough win.Not to worry as long as Collingwood has the 4 points.