Monday, July 23, 2007

The joys of motherhood!!!!!

WARNING: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD CHILDREN OR HAVE A SENSITIVE STOMACH.
SECOND WARNING TO MR MANIAC: YOU ARE ALWAYS TELLING ME I DIVULGE TOO MUCH INFORMATION SO READ AT OWN RISK
Thought I would tell you about my lovely evening. My five year old said he had diarrhoea and needed to go to the toilet. I sent him to the toilet and continued doing my own thing. A few minutes later I could hear him crying. Rushed to the bathroom and very soon I realised my son did not have diarrhoea but was quite constipated. He had tears steaming down his face and was saying "get it out, get it out." Of course I was thinking he could not possibly be referring to his poo? Then he yelled "my poo, mummy, I can't get it out". So I did what only a mother would do, I put the glove on ... and the rest is history.

I recently visited a friend who had just had a baby and she kept asking me why nobody ever tells you what it is really like after you take baby home from the hospital. How can you possibly tell somebody that one day you might be required to wear the glove...

Of course I need to mention the weekend win. Collingwood beat Essendon by 29 points. Go Pies!!! Always lovely when we beat Essendon. I am now at the point where I am not really enjoying the footy because I am too stressed about not winning by enough and our percentage, and not ending up in the top four; blah, blah, blah. Enjoyed the footy more when we were losing nearly every game in 2005. Mr Maniac, with encouragement from his daughter's partner reached another level of craziness. I thought he was really funny, however his wife was not too impressed. The funniest comment of the day was when he yelled at a dud Essendon player "I can smell you from here, you SHIT yourself, still smelling it from here". Maybe you need to be a feral Collingwood supporter to appreciate the comment.

Would also like to commend one of my friends for just being himself and not pretending to be somebody he is not. An old friend of mine got married on the weekend. Many many years ago, back in the old clubbing days, he was known for his flares, platform shoes and afro -outof control- hair style. Sure enough, he continued the tradition on his wedding day. His flares were perfectly tailored to hide his platform shoes, and the hair was exactly the same. Good on his partner for accepting him the way he is. He was never one to conform to the normal. Think I have rambled on enough, getting really late, GOODNIGHT.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my god mary! - that is the nurse in you, I don't think donning the glove would have even crossed my mind! probably denial. picked collingwood so happy they won.

joanne said...

scary to admit - I am no nurse and have donned the gloves...mmm noice - you gotta do what you gotta do!