Saturday, July 7, 2007

Very excited as the pies won today. Go Pies! For those of you who don't know me, my weekends revolve around the footy. In fact it goes further then that. If we win I remain in a euphoric state for the entire weekend. If we lose then I become Mrs Grumpy and I find fault in everything and everybody. I have been home sick for over a week but felt it absolutely necessary to go to the football on a very cold day, my feet still feel numb from the cold. I thought we lost the game today and was ready to go home at three quarter time but my footy companions would not let me leave. A big thank you to my footy mates. During the very intense game, my friend moved her screaming husband next to me and then kept telling me to shut him up. Like I was going to risk having him whack me across the head. He was screaming like a maniac. Then she told me that in the event that the pies lose, could I please perform CPR on her husband. I dont know but I think it might be a bit weird performing mouth to mouth on your friend's husband! I think many footy supporters need a session on the couch. That is the pshychiatrist's COUCH. What normal sane person pays money to sit in the absolute pouring rain on a day like today. We even saw a mother with a newborn baby (for goodness sake, the average temp today was 9).

Anyway I think my other half is having a mid life crisis or maybe he needs a session on the COUCH. Why else would he buy himself a new car that is electric blue. Why Why Why? To make matters worse it is the kind of car a 'hoon' drives. Hoon, bogan etc.etc. The other day, much to my dismay I was forced to drive it and a bogan in another car blew me a KISS. I think he thought he was blowing a kiss from one bogan to another. Just because I go to the footy every week, I barrack for Collingwood and our club president is originally from Broadmeadows that does NOT make me a bogan. Anyway, I could not ever imagine buying a car that my partner did not like. And I did not appreciate my husband's friend trying to imply that I did not like the new car because it did not cost a mint. All the boys love the car of course! Boys and their cars.

Must sign off now. I have released my frustrations. Geez, I think this blog has saved me a session on the COUCH.

6 comments:

joanne said...

noice george noice - Now I have that old song in my head - icehouse? "everytime you see through me, electric blue.." How could you consider leaving at 3/4 time?? thats mean.

Unknown said...

what do you mean george has a new car? what is it? when did this happen?
glad the pies came through for me again!

donpronto said...

Hello lil Magpie,,, This is the screaming maniac, I was so justified to be screaming at those dickhead umpires, they are the start of my heart attack along with the Pies' forward line that cannot kick goals,you better keep your 1st aid skills up to date... Big Rocca is back this week ,,Cats V Magpies, what a game I cant wait,,, I hope we play to our full potential ...go Pies

Shannon said...

Im sure you secretly loved being blown a kiss by a bogan....

Theo said...

Nothing wrong with electric blue, it made for lovely taffita dresses in the 80's. As for a car colour...hmmmm. Mary you must always remember that there are worse colours than electric blue.....take Canary Yellow for instance. My concern would be more that it is Ford and I am a Holden girl through and through. Too Roo.

Anonymous said...

l think we are all waiting for you to update your blog its been awhile.Also you need to add another year to your age on your blog as you are getting an older.All you friends out there of Mary's please be careful if she invites you out for a meal either take a taxi,tram or train as she is getting kickbacks from the Stonnington Council with all the parking fines that there collecting from her friends.