Sunday, July 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

It is my birthday today! Not sure why but never feel happy on my birthday. I hate the idea of being another year older and noticing changes to my face. I have noticed that my hands have aged. Anyway, I was woken up by Mr Superhero(my 5 year old) saying "is it your birthday today, are you 33 yet?" I thought that was very sweet. I think he is excited by the idea that he will be eating cake. I looked at both my kids in bed with me and thought that I dont need anything else for my big day. It is now 5pm and have spent the whole day with them and am now feeling that I need a break from them and hubby really ought to buy me a huge gift for being the mother of his two kids! I am sure all mothers will agree. I would be feeling very different of course if my beloved Pies won yesterday. I always feel quite flat for a couple of days after a loss. Of course I keep reminding myself that IT IS JUST A GAME, but somehow the message is not being sent to the right part of the brain. Must leave it at that as going out for dinner which of course I had to organise.

4 comments:

joanne said...

Well who else would organise your birthday dinner????? Happy Birthday!

a little magpie said...

my husband????

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mary - how was dinner? you know we appreciate you.

donpronto said...

I hope you saved me a piece of Cake,,, and you will have to alter your profile , keep smiling , too many candles for a birthday cake to bare,,, Go Magpies.